One of the reasons why Bodrum is such a popular summer spot among the Turks is the nightlife here. But if you are a foreigner, it is very likely that you will end up in one of the trashy places and be very disappointed. That is why your local dancing queen is here to help. 🙂
Let’s start with the basics:
How to Party In Turkey
What time does Bodrum nightlife start to pick up?
Depends on which kind of entertainment you are seeking.
– Jazz Clubs usually start early around 9 or 10. Make sure to ask what time they start.
– If you are going out dancing, it is better to wait for 12 am to head to a club. Otherwise, you can find yourself standing alone.
– It is also good to know that if the place is in a residential area and open air, they need to kill the noise at 12 am by law.
What to wear?
– For the most part, people put some effort into looking good but they dress casually.
– However, the bars in the upscale neighborhoods of Bodrum such as Yalıkavak and Türkbükü have a better-dressed crowds. So if you wanted to fancy up, this would be your opportunity.
The Turkish way of afterpartying involves eating one of the three things:
Midye dolma– Stuffed mussels. You will see the street vendors lining up around the bar. It is a must try!
Mercimek çorbası (lentil soup) or işkembe (stomach soup) – You can ask the waiters for a place.
Bodrum Nightlife Tips
– Live Music: Bodrum Yacht Club has a great jazz/funk band which plays international hits and goldies. Mavi and Mandalin regularly host famous Turkish bands.
– Beach Clubs throw great parties: Keep your eyes open for announcements. They usually post on the billboards. Happy hour parties at sunset tend to be very nice.
Xuma Beach and JuJu are are my 2 faves when it comes to beach clubs. I am not a fan but some of you might be happy to hear that the world-famous Nikki Beach has a branch in Bodrum too.
– Alternative Stuff: I’d loved to share a laid-back beach bar with a bonfire, people dancing barefoot on the sand but it just doesn’t exist. 🙁
– Chill Out Festival: If you ask me Bodrum Chill Out Festival is the best part of Bodrum nightlife. They bring artists from around the world and it becomes a great beach party. If your Bodrum plans coincide with it, do not miss it!
So here, we present a list of some of the most popular places for nightlife in Bodrum:
Bars & Clubs In Downtown Bodrum
Address: Kumbahçe Mah. Cumhuriyet Cad. No: 175 Tel: (0252) 316 39 32 Click for location
A bar along the coast popular for world music performances with a cozy, fireside atmosphere and a view of the castle in the middle of the heart of Bodrum’s nightlife hub.
Address: Çarşı, Dr. Alim Bey Cad./1025 Sok., 48400 Tel: 0549 226 48 48 Web Site: www.mandalinsound.com Click for location.
Gekko Cocktail & Whisky ♡
Address: Çarşı Mahallesi Dr Alimbey Caddesi 1025 sokak No:1/1 Tel: 0533 276 16 31 Click for location.
Moonlight Cafe Bar
Address: Çarşı, Dr. Alim Bey Cd., Tel: (0252) 313 20 85 Web Site:www.moonlightbodrum.com Click for location.
Kâtip Cocktail Bar ♡
Address: Eskiçeşme Mahallesi Davulcu Ali Sokak No 17 Tel: 0535 507 76 81 Click for location.
Marina Yacht Club ♡
Address: Cumhuriyet Cad. Dr. Alim Bey Bedesteni No: 55 Tel: 0 (252) 313 28 50 Web Site: www.kulebar.com Click for location.
Fancier Side of Bodrum Nightlife: Yalıkavak Bars
Address: Palmarina (Merkez Mah. Çökertme Cad. Yalıkavak) Tel: 90 533 056 5484 Web Site:www.agencybistro.com Click for location.
Address: Yalıkavak Beldesi, AE Blok -1, 48990 Bodrum/Muğla Tel: 0549 790 18 06 Click for location.
Türkbükü Bars & Clubs
Address: Yalı mevki 95. Sk., Bağarası, 48483 Türkbükü Tel: 90 252 377 5070 Click forlocation.
Address: Keleş Hanım Cd. No:27, Bağarası, 48483 Göltürkbükü Tel: +90 252 311 2400 Click for location.
Sess Türkbükü has by far become the busiest venue in Türkbükü. Although it doesn’t count among our favorites, its vast popularity means it can’t be ignored. Sess mostly caters for Istanbulite regulars with Turkish music and playing for tightly packed audiences. The club expands far beyond the constraints of a night club onto the shore, meaning you can add a night stroll of the beach to your fun in the evening.
Address: 103. Sk., Bağarası, 48483 Göltürkbükü Tel: +90 534 960 3909 Click for location.
Miam Restaurant & Bar
Address: Göltürkbükü Tel:+90 252 377 5612 Click for location.
The shot and cocktail bar opened on Tekilacılar Sokağı in 2013. Open throughout the year, Karpuz Bar hosts live music every weekend.
A cute little bar offering an amazing view of the sunset from the Gümüşlük coast offering some of the funnest vibes in Gümüşlük.
Address: Gümüşlük Mahallesi, 1120. Sk., 48970 Click for location.
Off Gumusluk, is one of the most beautiful places on the Gumusluk beach. During the high season, this place runs as a bar, a restaurant, a beach and a perforamance venue. In the summer, it has events and concerts almost for all days of week. On saturday evenings, some barbecue parties are held on its garden, on sunday mornings it serves brunch named “long Sunday breakfast”. Address: Gümüşlük, 1120. Sk., 48970 Bodrum Tel: 0538 921 53 54 Click here for the location.
Club Gumusluk is just next to Off Gumusluk and serves as a restaurant, bar and performance venue. The Bodrum’s famous drink “Sandoz” can be found on the menu. If you find a chance, grab a place on the seaview. Address: Gümüşlük, Yalı Mevkii 1120. Sokak, 48970 Tel: (0252) 394 34 01 Click here for the location.
Stella Jazz Club
Located on a bit far from the center, Stella Jazz Club is the ideal place to listen to jazz music in Bodrum. It has an intimate and cozy atmosphere around the pine trees. During the summer season (except Tuesday evenings) between 19.00-01.00, there are lots of performances of local and foreign jazz bands accompanied by cocktails and snacks. You can follow its Instagram or Facebook pages for events’ informations. Address: Yalı, Selahattin Pınar Çiftliği 48430 Tel: 0531 299 25 75 Click here for the location.